Tuesday 17 September 2013

Strawberry Pie Cape Breton Style.



There is nothing that I like better during the summer that fresh strawberries, served up in a bowl with whipped cream or made into strawberry shortcake. But this recipe was just given to my husband and I had to try it. It is delicious, so I want to pass it along to you and I have to thank Lori for passing the recipe on to us.

 

 
 
Strawberry Pie


3 Tablespoons cornstarch 1 cup sugar

1 1/2 cups water 3 oz box strawberry Jell-O

2 cups sliced strawberries Pre-bake a 10" pie shell


Line bottom of pie shell with the sliced strawberries. Combine cornstarch, sugar and water in small saucepan. Bring to a boil and simmer, stirring constantly, until thickened. Add the Jell-O and stir until dissolved. Pour over the strawberries and refrigerate until set. Serve with whipped cream.

 

 







No comments:

Post a Comment