Wednesday 21 July 2010

Swiss Visitor

Florian displays flag

A family came into the VIC on Wednesday from Switzerland to get information on the Canal. While there their little boy took his mom over to the display of flags and picked out a Canadian flag. And with a hugh smile on his face he brought the flag over to the counter and stood there.
The little boys' mom told me he wanted the Canadian Flag to take home to Switzerland. When he arrives home Switzerland will be celebrating their national holiday, similar to Canada Day, and he wants to put the Canadian Flag up next to the family`s Switzerland flag.
I asked if he was enjoying his vacation here in Cape Breton and he shook his head yes. I asked him his name and he told me it was Florian. I asked if I could take his picture holding his flag, to put on my blog and his smile got larger. His mom said they would check the blog when she got back to Switzerland.

No comments:

Post a Comment